SPRING IMMERSION — THE LIVER & GALLBLADDER IN BOULDER, CO | APRIL 27-29
Realign - Adapt - Expand
Join experienced yoga teacher Caitlin Rose Kenney and acupuncturist Julia Bond for a unique and rich study of the Liver and Gallbladder through the combined lens of Chinese Meridian Theory and Yin Yoga.
According to Chinese Medicine, our organs are responsible for far more than anatomical functions. The state of our organs impacts our mental health, emotional state and energetic disposition. By combining the wisdom of Chinese Meridian Theory and Yin Yoga we can personally assess our well-being and foster balance on all levels.
Springtime is the season of the Liver, and just like the trees around us, the inner landscape is needing to take root in order to grow. In a season marked by change, working with the Liver and Gallbladder can improve your attitude, adaptability, discernement and focus. A necessary part of our personal journey is detoxifying from inevitable stresses, toxins and distractions that life presents. This immersion, focused on a deep study of the Liver and Gallbladder, prepares us to stay attuned to ourselves and prioritize self-care during throughout the season of Spring.
Develop a sharper awareness of your inner workings. Support conditions linked to Liver chi imbalances like migraines, arthritis, cramping, muscular weakness or stiffness, feeling “off”, fatigue, vertigo, dizziness, conditions that affect the eyes and addiction.
Regardless of your state of health, studying the the organs and practicing Yin Yoga will leave you feeling more knowledgeable, resourced and balanced.
DATES / HOURS / LOCATION
Friday, April 27 | 5PM — 8:30PM
Saturday, April 28 | 9AM — 7:30 PM
(includes a 1-hour break for lunch* and catered vegetarian dinner)
Sunday, April 29 | 9AM — 5:00PM
(includes a 1-hour break for lunch*)
*lunch is not provided
LOCATION TBD IN BOULDER, CO
- 2 nights and 2 full days of yin practice, breathwork, meditation and lecture based study
- Saturday evening catered vegetarian dinner
- Yin yoga classes daily
- Foundational lecture on the benefits of Yin Yoga
- Learning about the anatomical, mental-emotional and energetic functions of the Liver & Gallbladder
- Note supplements for lectures, yours to keep and reference forever
- Exploring specially selected acupressure points to support the Liver & Gallbladder
- Ear acupuncture treatment
- Special Yin & Essential Oils class
- An outdoor excursion
- A special gift from your hosts to take home
Does not include:
- Lunch, snacks
This is going to be a detail rich experience on all levels. In the spirit of you receiving the most from this immersion we ask that you significantly reduce or completely retreat from daily life distractions. This includes:
- Technology use
- Work and projects
- Social commitments
- Familial and spouse commitments
- Alcohol and drug use
We strongly encourage you to adopt an attitude of self-care prior to, during and immediately after the session. This includes:
- Eating whole foods, broths, juices, and lots of leafy greens and healthy fats (avocado, coconut oil, nuts, seeds and fish)
- Limiting consumption of sugar, caffeine and any known foods that you have a sensitivity to
- Drinking lots of water and herbal teas
- Getting plenty of sleep
- Going on walks (not strenuous hikes!) to get fresh air, circulation and bathing in nature
- Doing therapeutic rituals: journaling, meditating, yoga, taking a bath, drinking a cup of tea without distraction
It’s important to feel supported by your loved ones during this potent time. Please tell them in advance that you are doing this immersion and that you need to put yourself first the weekend of the immersion. Assure them that while you are not available for socializing, phone calls or check-ins during the immersion you will look forward to connecting with them after.
COST & REGISTRATION DETAILS
$350 per person
A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $50 required to secure your booking with the balance payable 3 weeks prior to the start of the immersion. Space is limited, so please register early to secure your place.
To register, fill out the the form below. Upon approval you will receive a payment link to deposit ($50 USD). Your place is held once the deposit is received.
Cancellation policy: once a deposit or full balance has been paid, cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cancel up to 3 weeks prior to the start of the immersion, we will refund your registration fee less the $50 deposit. If you cancel less than 3 weeks from the immersion start date no refund will be granted unless your spot is transferred or filled by someone else.