The Bee Yards is a sanctuary located up Four Mile Canyon in Boulder, CO where visitors come to witness the unforgettable and awe-inspiring activities of honeybees. Caitlin Rose and guest beekeepers host experiential workshops that include opening a hive box, tasting local wildflower honey and searching for the queen bee. Attune to nature in the picturesque Rocky Mountains, feed the chickens, and get to know the bees. All ages are welcome!
Schedule a visit!
The Bee Yards will re-open May 15, 2018. Appointments can be made by completing an appointment request form. Note: appointments are subject to weather and may be rescheduled if it is raining, very windy or below 55 degrees fahrenheit.
Things to know...
- Visits to the Bee Yards are by appointment only.
- Protective jackets and veils are provided.
- Minimum group size is 2, maximum is 5.
- You provide your own transportation. Your beekeeper will meet you at the base of Boulder Canyon in the Settler's Park parking lot. It takes about 15 minutes to get to the Bee Yards from Settler's Park.
- Suggested donation is $20 per person.
How to prepare...
- Wear long pants that are a lighter color. Blue jeans are OK.
- Wear close-toed shoes.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Bring your camera.
- Bring sunscreen, hat and layers.